Being vegan is a healthy life style over all. Dropping animal products and diving into a diet full of fruits and vegetables is becoming more popular. If you are thinking of skipping out on meat and wondering what there is to snack on if quick little sandwiches are now out of the question; then stay put! There are tons of easy healthy vegan snacks to choose from that will keep you from feeling like you’ve gotten in a bland rut.
Raw Vegan Caramel Apple Cookies
Are you bored of eating your apples with peanut butter or fruit dip? Although a delicious snack after a while anything can start to feel redundant. So why not try something different! This snack could be eaten for breakfast or a quick “grab and go” type of snack.
15-20 soft or gooey medjool dates (if they aren’t soft you can try soaking them in water for 20 min)
1/3 cup of water
2 tbsp of raisins
2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Grab a food processor and throw in your dates. You want to blend them until they are chopped. Once they are blended up add the water and blend again until it turns into a “paste” like consistency.
- Slice your apple into circular shaped slices and proceed to spread on your date “paste”
- Top with raisins, coconut, and of course chocolate chips! If you don’t want the chocolate chips feel free to substitute for nuts, berries, cinnamon, etc.
Easy French Fries!
Who needs animal based products when you can still pig out on French fries! Sweet potato oil free French fries are easy to make and even easier to eat. A quick healthy vegan snack that will instantly put a smile on your face.
Nonstick spray (optional)
2 medium sweet potatoes
Salt and pepper
- First you will need to preheat your oven to 415 degrees and line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or foil.
- Wash and peel your sweet potatoes and slice them into fry shapes. They should be about ¼-1/2 inches thick. We want some crispy fries don’t cut them too thick.
- Spread your fries out evenly across your baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. You can spray your fries with nonstick spray before seasoning if preferred; the choice is yours.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are tender. Once your fries seem ready turn the oven to broil on low for another 5-7min, or until your fries look a nice golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn; and just like that you have tasty fries at your fingertips!
Need Something Quicker? Frozen Grapes!
If you want an extremely quick snack that is almost completely effortless to make; freeze some grapes! Healthy and refreshing, these frozen fruits will make the perfect quick snack no matter what time of day it is.
½ cup of seedless grapes (You can choose between purple, green, or both!)
1 tbsp. of sugar or Splenda (both are optional)
- Wash your grapes thoroughly and drain the water. Shake them lightly after to get off access water.
- Place them in a plastic bag and throw in the tablespoon of sugar. Depending on how sweet you want them the amount of sugar is up to you.
- Roll or shake around your bag so the sugar evenly coats all your grapes.
- Once your grapes look evenly coated throw them in the freezer for 1-2 hours; and that’s it you’re done! This recipe is flexible with any desired amount, you can make as much or as little as you want!
Being vegan can be challenging for some’ but the internet is full of fun different recipes to get you through the day. Even if you aren’t vegan these snacks can be a better option. For any snack you like, there is most likely a vegan substitution. So, broaden your horizons and try them out. Be sure to put some of these healthy vegan snacks to use next time you’re craving something salty or sweet!